What to expect?
- Carriers will stop taking bookings for LA/WC service OR reduce dramatically for a few weeks
- They will probably try to break it up over a period of time, for example 2 weeks on/2 weeks off or 3 to 1 etc. rather than not ship to the WC at all for weeks on end…
- This means other ports, which are also congested, will become even more so
- This will help the LA congestion but will continue to exacerbate the inconsistent schedules we are now facing
- It will be 3 months at the earliest before we are anywhere near “normal” in terms of ocean space/schedule – very likely it will take longer
- Chaos and lack of capacity or available equipment will continue to keep the rates high in this trade
Here is some more information from Senior Editor Kim Link-Wills of FreightWaves: